If you’re in the market for a video editor to personalize your videos, you might consider Wondershare’s freebie offer. Starting today, through to December 25 @ 24:00 PST, Wondershare’s premium video product, Vivideo, can be yours at no cost – provided you play and win, the Santa rescue game (more on this in a moment).
If you’re a regular reader here, and “Wondershare” strikes you as being a familiar developer – you score a point! We’ve previously reviewed several Wondershare applications here – including Wondershare Time Freeze – a superb system virtualization application. See – For Added Internet Protection – Virtualize Your System with Free Wondershare Time Freeze.
In order to engage with the game, the developer suggests that you visit the following page – click on the graphic to do so. My advice – DON”T. If you’re into simple and straightforward, then you should go directly to the “game” page.
The game page – click on the graphic below.
How to play:
Beat the demon & rescue Santa Claus.
Get Passcode when you beat the demon.
Enter your Passcode to get Vivideo.
Manage Various Video, Audio and Photo Formats
- Support all SD and HD videos, including WMV, AVI, MP4, FLV, MOV, MKV, MTS, etc.
- You can also capture videos directly with a video capture device or add videos from camcorders and other external hard drives directly.
- Add background music to your videos to add more flavor. All regular audio formats like MP3, WMA, WAV, M4A, AAC, AC3, OGG, etc. are supported.
- Import photos like BMP, JPG, PNG, GIF, etc. and create home movies with photos and videos combined.
Edit and Enhance Your Media Files with Fantasy
- Edit and personalize videos/photos/audios with video editing features like trim, crop, rotate, set fade in & fade out, adjust duration, etc.
- Add stylish captions on your videos and photos with customizable font, color, etc. to for better video meaning conveying.
- Bring your movie to the next level instantly with professional and creative filter effects. 30+ filters are ready for your videos and photos.
- Add transition effects between two clips and apply motion effects to photos so as to achieve a natural and smooth transition.
Share Your Videos with Family and Friends in Multiple Ways
- Get optimized videos for playback on your portable devices like iPhone, iPad, PSP, iPod, Wii, Zune, etc.
- Save edited videos to local hard drive for further use in a variety of video formats.
- Directly upload your video creation to YouTube for sharing with more people by filling in necessary information.
- Burn videos to DVD discs or save as DVD folder or ISO image files to preserve videos in a better way.
System requirements: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7. Mac.
I’m a fan of Wondershare’s products – I’ve reviewed and recommended more than a few in the last several years. However, I think the developer has overreached here.
While I appreciate the generous offer, I’m less than enthusiastic that I had to engage in a confusing and pointless, multi stage process, in order to comply with the developer’s demands. Tedious and frustrating – definitely not cool.
BTW, Wondershare – according to popular culture, Santa Claus has 9 Reindeer – not 12.
Note: As part of the “game”, you will be asked to choose the number of Reindeer Santa has. Choose 12, as the correct answer. Go figure!
If you found this article useful, why not subscribe to this Blog via RSS, or email? It’s easy; just click on this link and you’ll never miss another Tech Thoughts article.