Want to take a virtual trip on your browser? Want to wander outside the reality of the Web? Well I just did, and you can too!
PicLens 1.6, a wonderfully fluid and superbly crafted add-on for Safari, Firefox, and Internet Explorer, will take you to places you never thought possible on a web browser.
I took a trip to the Louvre in Paris, courtesy of PicLens and Google Images, (search: art in the Louvre). With the sweeping panorama displayed by PicLens I felt as if I was wandering casually down an immense hall hung with the world’s finest art. The reflective quality of the bottom strip of pics added a slightly surreal quality to the experience. What a trip! What a price!
If you’re a FaceBook fan, (and who isn’t), PicLens will definitely enhance your experience as you browse your FaceBook friends’ pics.
The developers of this free, neat Internet Browser add-on, as well as being the developers of Cooliris Previews, a tool I couldn’t function without on the Web, are a superbly talented group of people with a great insight into how to create and develop tools to expand the internet horizon.
Expand your own Internet horizons, download and install PicLens 1.6, and while you’re at it download Cooliris Previews. You’ll be glad you did.
- Enjoy photos in full-screen mode
- New! Quickly drag, click, and zoom in a “3D Wall” interface
- New! Search for web images within PicLens
- Play a slideshow of image search results and photo albums
- Fly through 1000s of images in a split second
- Search in multiple languages
- Jump from PicLens to the corresponding webpage
- Sit back and explore photos with your Apple® remote
Take a look at a couple of videos on PicLens!
Supported Browsers: Firefox, IE, Safari
Download at: PicLens