If you answered “yes”, then the Australian website Technibble has a great free offer you should consider.
Technibble describes itself as “a resource for computer technicians who are looking to start their own computer business or improve their existing one. Technibble also provides an amazing place for technicians to help other technicians via our forums”.
The site has compiled an impressive array of free geeky tools for diagnosing and repairing Windows computers in a second release of its Computer Repair Utility Kit. The kit contains 57 top-quality applications to help you analyze a problem computer and (hopefully), restore the machine to operating condition.
While it’s true that you can download each of these free tools individually, this all-in-one kit is a definite time saver.
From the Technibble site:
The first version of Technibbles Computer Repair Utility Kit was so popular, we’ve created a second version. For those of you who don’t know, the Computer Repair Utility Kit is a combination of computer repair tools in one easy to use pack.
The Computer Repair Utility Kit allows you to run all of the repair tools from your portable drive (USB Flash Drive, External Hard Drive, IPod etc.) and comes with an easy to use, right-click menu. A must in any computer technicians kit.
The Computer Repair Utility Kit runs off a menu system called PStart and contains the following applications:
- CCleaner – Cleans up Windows systems. Clears temporary internet files, cookies, history etc..
- JkDefragGUI – An advanced defragging tool far superior to the built in Windows one
- DriveimageXML – Hard drive imaging tool. Allows you to get a single file out of a whole image too
- Explore2fs – Allows you to explore hard drives with Linux file systems
- Double Killer – Finds duplicate files and deletes them
- Deep Burner – CD/DVD Burning software
- 7-Zip Portable – Archive creating and extraction tool. Can handle most compression formats
- PC-Decrapifier – Cleans out the crap that comes installed on new brand name computers (Norton trials, toolbars etc.)
- Process Explorer – Allows you to view system processes
- System Information – View lots of information about a system (specs, passwords, temperatures etc.)
- ProduKey – View software cdkeys and serials
- Autoruns – Autostart program viewer
- HWMonitor – View hardware information
- GPU-Z – Show video card information (chipset, bios version, shaders, memory size etc.)
- Wireless Key View – Shows saved wireless network keys
- TreeSize Free – Show how much space each folder on a system uses
- Game Key Revealer – View CDKeys and Serials for popular games
- USBDView – Allows you to list and manage USB devices (including devices that arent currently plugged in)
- TrID – Identifies file types for extension-less files
- Codec Installer – Finds and analyzes video codecs
- Unknown Devices – Tells you what a “Unknown Device” in system properties actually is
- GSpot – Video analyizer
- Norton Removal Tool – Removes Symantec products
- McAfee Removal Tool – Removes McAfee products
- LSPFix – Fixes broken Winsock entries
- Dial-a-Fix – Repair Windows files and registries
- Recuva – Recovers deleted files
- Restoration – Recovers deleted files
- Photorec – Recover deleted/damaged files from Flash memory (like digital cameras)
- DBXTract – Recover emails from damaged DBX files (like Outlook Express)
- Wireshark – View network packets
- Network Scanner – Scans the network for devices
- Putty – SSH/Telnet/RLogin client
- Network Stumbler – Wireless Network Scanner
Virus and Malware Removal Tools
- Clamwin Antivirus – Virus scanner/remover
- Rootkit Revealer – Detects rootkits on a system
- Combofix – Malware finder and remover
- SmitFraudFix – Malware finder and remover
- RogueFix – Malware finder and remover
- Hijack This! – Malware remover
- SUPERAntiSpyware – Malware scanner and remover
- Malwarebytes – Malware scanner and remover
- Mozilla Firefox – Web browser
- JavaRa – Find and remove old Java versions
- Monitor Tester – Test monitors from problems
- Dead Pixel Tester – Finds and fixes dead pixels on LCDs
- ChkFlsh – Check flash drives for errors or test their real size (as fake ones appear on eBay)
- Double Driver – Driver backup tool
- SumatraPDF – Lightweight PDF viewer
- Revo Uninstaller – Advanced application uninstaller
- TweakUI – Windows XP tweaking tool
- VistaTweaker – Vista tweaking tool
- Quickly Make a System Restore Point – Makes restore point
- Reset Network – Releases/Renews IP and flushes DNS
- Clear Printer Spooler – Clears stuck print jobs from spooler
- Stop Automatic Updates – Stops “Windows has installed updates, restart now” dialog temporarily
- Start Automatic Updates – Switches it back on
To start the toolkit. Extract the zip file to your portable media and run .Launcher.exe.. You can also add your own utilities to the menu by going to File > and make it so it autoruns when you insert your portable media into the system.
The download size is 88.4mb as a ZIP file and it extracts to 188mb.
Download from one of the following Mirrors:
Note: Like many mirrors these mirrors are annoying.