I’m happy to announce the 10 winners of a free license for Spyware Doctor with Anti-Virus 2010, a superior anti-malware application that is easy to setup, customize and run, for both less experienced, and expert users alike.
No fussing and bothering with a ton of long winded setup or customizing screens – just install, and after choosing a few run options, you’re good to go!
Congratulations to the winners: Mal, Aurel Moroseanu, Bori , Louis Gordon Jr., HarleyBBorn, as77, CE, Ahmed, springboy, and Adrian.
The winners will receive official notification, directly from me, within the next 3/5 days, which will include the free license.
Thank you, to all those who participated.
If you are not a winner, you can of course, download a fully functional 30 day trial of Spyware Doctor with Anti-Virus 2010.
Spyware Doctor with Anti-Virus Review:
So how do you take the best and make it better? That’s a neat trick, but something PC Tools has managed to do with the release of Spyware Doctor with Anti-Virus.
Spyware Doctor, as a stand alone anti-malware application, has long had a rich reputation for effectiveness, and ease of use. With the addition of both an anti-virus component, and ThreatFire technology, PC Tools has taken PC security to a new level.
Regular readers will remember, I have often recommended the stand alone version of ThreatFire, as one of the top three necessary components to maximize PC security. Kudos to PC Tools, for including it in this new version of Spyware Doctor with Anti-Virus.
Experience has taught me that typical computer users are most interested in two areas when choosing an anti-malware application:
- Protection against current threats, and equally as important, protection against rapidly evolving new threats. During testing, I found Spyware Doctor with Anti-Virus, excelled in detection; particularly in its active protection against phishing sites.
- Ease of use, with a limited learning curve; so that the inherent power of the application can be be brought to bear immediately. Those of us you have relied on the free version of Spyware Doctor Starter Edition, are familiar with its clear, simple, no nonsense user interface, and this new application continues that tradition.
- IMPROVED ON-DEMAND DETECTION – Detects and thoroughly cleans an extremely diverse range of malware during on-demand and real-time scans.
- UPDATED BEHAVIOURAL PROTECTION – Leverages ThreatFire technology to detect and block zero-day malware based on its runtime behavior.
- NEW BROWSER EXPLOIT & SCAREWARE BLOCKING – Dynamically scans every webpage loaded in Internet Explorer to detect and block malicious exploits, such as iFrame & MDAC, that trigger drive-by-downloads of malware. Detects and blocks websites that scare visitors into buying scareware through fake antivirus scan pop-ups.
- NEW STATE AWARENESS MODES – Detects how you are using your PC and adjusts to minimize performance impact and reduce interruptions.
– Game Mode: all scheduled scans, smart updates and program alerts postponed when playing games, resulting in an interruption-free experience. Activated automatically when playing games in full-screen, otherwise manually switchable
– Power Saving Mode: no scheduled tasks run when powered by battery
– Idle Mode: automatically scans in background when PC is not in use to reduce the length of subsequent scans
- EMAIL GUARD – Detects and cleans infected email attachments at unencrypted POP3 and SMTP4 protocol layer (client independent).
- 24/7 Help – available in 10 languages. Select the most convenient option for you – reach our support staff by phone, email, live chat or web.
I have always been a strong proponent of free security software, but with the increasing challenges we now face on the Internet, I’m finding that, by and large, the free versions of security applications are not up to the task of protecting an average, or typical user.
Free security applications, with their built-in limitations, are best suited to those who have a “better than average” understanding, of operating systems, security systems, and who have a heightened awareness of the hidden traps on the Internet. Even with an enhanced skill set, technically astute users are still finding that staying safe on the Internet is more difficult than ever.
In the last two years, I have only recommend two “pay for” applications and Spyware Doctor with Anti-Virus, has now become the third.
Spyware Doctor with Anti-Virus, offers all of the protection that a top notch anti-malware application should, in an easy installation package leading to a “dead simple” interface, and then does what it sets out to do – protects the user efficiently, against the epidemic of malware and additional dangers circulating on the Internet, waiting to trap the under protected, and the unaware.
System requirements: Windows 7 (32bit, 64bit), Windows Vista SP1+ (32bit, 64bit), Windows XP SP2+ (32bit).
You may Buy Spyware Doctor with Anti-Virus direct from PC Tools, ($49.95 direct, for three licenses).
If you found this article useful, why not subscribe to this Blog via RSS, or email? It’s easy; just click on this link and you’ll never miss another Tech Thoughts article.