As the heading of this article sets out, FastStone Image Viewer allows you to work on your photographic images to your hearts content. You can even build a musical slideshow with over 150 transitional effects.
FastStone Image Viewer is one of my favorite photo applications, with good reason. It’s not just a viewer, but an image browser, converter, and an editor as well. You’ll find the interface intuitive and very easy to use.
This program is loaded with features including, renaming, cropping, color adjustments, lossless JPEG transformation, drop shadow effects, image frames, scanner support, histogram and much more.
With FastStone installed you’ll have support for all major graphic formats including BMP, JPEG, JPEG 2000, GIF, PNG, PCX, TIFF, WMF, ICO and TGA.
- Windows Explorer-like user interface
- Supports popular image formats
- Full Screen viewer with image zoom support and unique fly-out menu panels
- One-click image magnifier
- Red-Eye removal/reduction
- Resize/resample, rotate/flip, crop, sharpen/blur, brightness/contrast, etc.
- Image color effects: gray scale, sepia, negative, Red/Green/Blue adjustment
- Image special effects: watermark, annotation, drop shadow, framing, bump map, lens, morph, waves
- Multi-level Undo/Redo capability
- Acquire images from a scanner
- Screen capture capability
A no-install, fully portable version, can be run from a removable storage device
Latest Version 3.5 – January 15/2008
FastStone Image Viewer includes two versions in one installation:
Standard Edition – Free for private or educational use.
Professional (Pro) Edition – Registration required.
Download at: Download.com
XNView is an alternative application with similar features, but with support for more than 400 graphic file formats. As well as offering easy image viewing, XnView also offers more advanced features such as Web page creation, contact prints, multiple conversion (format and transformation), slide shows, screen capturing and twain support for scanners and digital cameras.
For a review and free download read my article on this Blog.
|Share this post :|