While it’s true that most anti-virus applications will remove an executable virus file from your system, depending on the infection, it is not uncommon that it will be unable to reverse the damage already done.
In many cases the user will be left to deal with the following problems.
- Drive inaccessibility
- Task Manager inaccessibility
- Folder Options inaccessibility
- Registry Editor inaccessibility
It’s not necessary to be a Techno Geek to deal with these types of problems; there are a number of manual methods to resolve these issues. But for the casual or new user, the solution may be outside their technical abilities. Thankfully, there is a free solution.
Disk Heal is a free Windows NT, 2000, XP and Vista utility that may be able to restore the condition of your Hard Drive, or a USB Flash Drive, after it has been being infected by a virus. Disk Heal is a very useful tool that has a host of additional capabilities, including recovering hidden files and performing system tweaks; all can be accessed with just one click.
· Fixes disk problems
· Fixes task manager inaccessibility
· Fixes folder options inaccessibility
· Fixes registry editor inaccessibility
· Recovers hidden files and folders
· Changes the default icon of any drive, external, internal, or a partition
· Security and system tweaks
As you’re building your toolbox of system utilities, this is a good application to add. None of us are immune to a virus infection and at some point you’ll be glad you had this little tool ready to go.
Download at: Download.com