Are you tired of using the clunky Windows Alt-Printscreen command for capturing screen shots, but you don’t want to pay up to $40 to get more control over this function? Do you need more options and functionally when snapping screen shots?
Well the good news is you don’t have to pay a penny to download and install a great little application that will allow you to do more than just capture screen shots and that will give you the options and functionally you need.
MWSnap is an almost perfect freeware screen capture utility for windows.
- A window or menu
- Variable rectangular area
- A fixed-size rectangle
- An auto-extending list of fixed sizes – snapping images for icons/glyphs
- Image editing – basic image editing options
- Saving files – auto-save or manual save
- File formats – jpg, gif, png, and more
- Multi-Lingual – English, German, Polish, Russian, Spanish
- Graphical tools – zoom, ruler, color picker and a window spy
- Fast picture viewer or converter
- Clipboard copy/paste
- Auto-saving, auto-printing
- Auto-start with Windows
- Minimizing to system tray
This application is an excellent choice for everyone from casual to experienced users. I find this program invaluable and I use it daily to create high-quality screen captures for presentations, documents and most particularly my blogs.
MWSnap does not require installation and does not need any special drivers or system files.
MWSnap is freeware, but the author will gladly accepted donations.
Download at author’s site: www.mirekw.com