T r u e C r y p t is a free open-source disk encryption program for Windows and Linux, which creates a virtual encrypted disk within a file and mounts it as a real disk. The program automatically and transparently encrypts in real time.
No data stored on an encrypted volume can be read (decrypted) without the correct password/key file or correct encryption keys. The entire file system is encrypted (i.e., file names, folder names, contents, free space, Meta data, etc).
Files can be copied to and from a mounted TrueCrypt volume just like they are copied to/from any normal disk (for example, by simple drag-and-drop operations).
When you turn off your computer, the volume will be dismounted and files stored in the volume will be inaccessible and encrypted.
TrueCrypt’s Main Features:
- Creates a virtual encrypted disk within a file and mounts the file as a real disk.
- Encrypt an entire hard disk partition, or a portable storage device such as a USB flash drive.
- Encryption is automatic, occurs in real-time, and is transparent.
- Provides two levels of plausible deniability.
- The volume is hidden.
- No TrueCrypt volume can be identified; volumes cannot be distinguished from random data.
- TrueCrypt uses encryption algorithms AES-256, Blowfish (448-bit key), CAST5, Serpent, Triple DES, and Twofish.
Download at: Downloads.com